YMCA OF PALESTINE TEXAS
FALL 2019 - SPRING 2020
* Palestine YMCA Soccer Coaches and Out-of-Town Coaches, Teams or Leagues: Please use the above online form link for game schedule requests.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
1. WAIT LIST: If you miss "Open Registration" you can place your child on the wait-list by visiting the Y Welcome Desk.
• The wait-list is not a guarantee that your child will be on a team
• The wait-list is taken to the blind-draft on August 5th and used to fill teams when there may not be enough registered players
• If your child is placed on a team at the draft you will be contacted to register and finalize (After August 5th Draft)
2. If you registered online you must finalize payment at the Palestine YMCA Welcome Desk in order to complete registration and participate in the FALL 2019 SEASON.
• See #1 above
FALL 2019 - SPRING 2020 REGISTRATION CURRENTLY CLOSED
(ages 3-13 / U4-U14 only)
• Please note: per NTX soccer rule 4.1.2, three (3) is the minimum age to play soccer (2016 BIRTH YEAR FOR FALL 2019 - SPRING 2020 SEASON)
• Questions or issues call the Y front desk at 903-729-3139 or stop by during normal business hours
• SPACE IS LIMITED, FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED, NO LATE REGISTRATION
• Players from the Spring 2019 season will be on the same team
• New Players registering for the FALL 2019 - SPRING 2020 seasons may NOT choose a team, they will be placed in a blind-draft
• AGE CHART
IMPORTANT: After you register ONLINE please CHECK YOUR EMAIL for instructions on finalizing your registration
• COMPETITIVE players should be contacted by a competitive coach - otherwise you will be on a recreational team / you cannot choose to be on a competitive team by simply registering. Please contact LISA at the Y for more info (903) 729-3139
YMCA Youth Soccer Program Info (ages 3-15 / 4U-16U)
Palestine YMCA Youth Soccer leagues are offered in the Spring (March - May) & Fall (September - December) Registration typically starts 30-45 days before the season begins. The number of players participating ranges from 350-500, depending on the season, and we’d love to add your child, or children to a team.
Palestine YMCA soccer promises no try-outs, and no player cuts. Every child plays in every game while making friends and learning about the fantastic sport.
Y Soccer is open to boys and girls, ages 3 to 15 (U4-U16) Typically, players age 3-12 practice and play in Palestine, while teams age 13-16 play games against larger Associations out of town on Saturdays, and practice in Palestine during the week.
The Palestine Y Youth Soccer Program helps kids become not only better players, but better individuals. The Palestine Y offers age-specific levels. Every child gets to play and the games are safe, exciting and fun. We encourage fair play, positive competition, and family involvement.
Soccer practices are typically held once or twice a week for an hour or so, with games played on Saturdays. Some weeknight games are scheduled during both seasons, depending on the age group of your child.
Our focus is on fun, but the skills of the game are developed through soccer games and practices, as well as other team activities. Sportsmanship and values are key components of the Y Soccer Program. Every game starts with the Youth Sports Pledge and ends with a handshake.
If you have any questions about Y Soccer, please contact the Y at 903-729-3139 for more information.
Please contact your team’s coach for a copy of your game schedule. If you need additional help please contact the Y front desk
Rules for Parents and Guests at Both Soccer Facilities:
Palestine Y Tournaments
The Palestine Y will be hosting several tournaments at the all-new Alex Patel Soccer Complex. More details to follow - so check back here soon or follow the Palestine Y Alex Patel Soccer Complex on Facebook.
3rd Annual ETX FALL CLASSIC (Full Sided Tournament)
Sponsored by: Palestine Toyota
Date: October 18, 19, 20th
Registration and Additional Information: REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
--See Field Map Below--
Guest/Player Rules: YMCA Soccer Guest Rules
Spring 2019 Tournament
2nd Annual DOGWOOD 3v3 (Coming Spring, 2019)
Sponsored by: Whataburger
Our volunteer soccer coaches are the backbone of our program. Without them we would never succeed. If you’re interested in becoming a coach - email Jeremy Janz at email@example.com - or fill out the ‘volunteer form’ located in the purple box on the left side of this page - and then drop it off at the Y front desk.
Coach Background Checks - ALL coaches must have a current background check. Background checks EXPIRE EVERY MAY 31, regardless of the last date you had one completed. All coaches can begin to run their annual background check on June 1 each year. If you do not have your ‘coach’ login information, please contact Jeremy at the Palestine YMCA. The coach login info, to run your own background check, is different than your team login credentials. (instructions below)
ARE YOU A NEW COACH - WANT TO BECOME A COACH - or NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RUN YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK?
1. Fill out a volunteer form at the Y Welcome Desk (only needs to be done one time)
2. A 'coach account' will be set up for you by Y Soccer staff (if you have already been a coach you have a coach login - please do not create another one)
3. You username/password will be emailed to you (if you've lost this info contact Y Soccer to have it sent to you)
4. Follow the instructions to run your background check (all Y coaches must have a cleared background check to volunteer/coach. This check must be completed once per year after May 31. but before the first practice of the fall season (or the next game you coach) - see instructions above. (COACH LOGIN LINK > https://www.gotsport.com/asp/users/login_menu.asp )
5. Once you've been approved as a coach a TEAM account (login/password) will be set up for you for your team
--- COACHES SHOULD NEVER CREATE THEIR OWN COACH or TEAM ACCOUNT (unless you're a competitive team) ---
6. Teams are built by Y Soccer staff after the Fall/Spring drafts
7. After teams are built (several weeks after the draft each season) you will login to your TEAM account:( https://www.gotsport.com/asp/users/login_menu.asp ) to see your official roster, register for tournaments. etc.
Team Login (get roster, apply for tournament, etc)
If you coach a team you have a 'TEAM ACCOUNT' already (this was created by the Y Soccer staff and emailed to you when your team was created. If you need your TEAM LOGIN info again please text a member of the Y Soccer staff )
--- COACHES SHOULD NEVER CREATE THEIR OWN TEAM ACCOUNT (unless you're a competitive team) ---
Teams are built/updated by Y Soccer staff after the Fall/Spring drafts
After teams are built (several weeks after the draft each season) you will login to your TEAM account:( https://www.gotsport.com/asp/users/login_menu.asp ) to see/download your official roster, register for tournaments. etc.
ADDITIONAL LINKS FOR COACHES
Coach ‘Team Login’ Page: Download official rosters, see players, etc. (call Lisa at the Y if you need your team username/password)
Soccer Referee Information
Please contact the Y Welcome Desk at 903-729-3139 to become a referee
The Y of Palestine Maintains Two Soccer Facilities
Soccer is big in Palestine, Texas, and so the Y of Palestine maintains two separate facilities;
1.The Soccer Complex at the Y; This facility, adjacent to the Y Facility on Loop 256, has 11 fields from ages U4-U14. The Y Youth Soccer League holds all practices at this facility, and some games and scrimmages are held here.
2. YMCA Alex Patel Soccer Complex; Opened on February 25, 2017, this state-of-the-art complex has 12 lighted fields ranging from U4 to U19. Most Y Youth Soccer League games are held here and this complex also plays host to a variety of other activities including two annual soccer tournaments,, Cross-Country, and more.
For more information about either of the Y Soccer Complexes contact The Y Welcome Center at 903-729-3139